East Central SARBI Criteria for Admission
1. Applicants for East Central SARBI Inc. programs must be diagnosed as brain injured as a result of an injury. Injuries must be moderate to severe.
2. Priority will be given to:
a. Those who have no other programming
b. Clients within 3 years post hospital discharge
c. Clients with physical and/or cognitive limitations who are demonstrating improvement
3. Anyone may refer a client to the program as long as the application is accompanied by a Physician referral
4. Applicants must be independent of life support systems.
5. Applicants must not be considered a danger to self or others.
6. Applicants must be medically and psychiatrically stable.
7. An ideal ratio of one client to one volunteer is our goal.
8. East Central SARBI Inc. will not be responsible for the cost of transportation to and from the program facility.
9. The applicant or the applicant’s legal guardian must provide consent for treatment.
10. The applicant must be over sixteen (16) years of age.
11. Admission to East Central SARBI programs will be contingent upon the assessment findings of East Central SARBI Rehabilitation Consultants.
12. All clients will be subject to a three (3) month trial period with the exception of clients who are participating in a behavior management program. Then the client is subject to a one (1) month trial period.
13. Exception to the above guidelines may be made at the discretion of the Executive Director.